This is something different than a usual DIY project for you and your kids. DIY shoebox foosball game is a great opportunity for your kids to learn something new, get some new skills and have a great time with parents. The project is very simple and you will need just one hour to make it. After that is time for fun. This DIY project has got a lot of positive feedback because it gives the opportunity for parents to work with kids. Kids will have a great time coloring box and parents need to handle scissors and glue.
First, you will need some stuff that you probably have in your home. For this project you need, of course, kids, one shoebox, ten clothes pegs, four straws, scissors, ruler, clear tape, glue and one ball. The ball you can make from paper but the best option is a ping pong ball.
The point of this project is to use a shoebox like some sort of foosball field, for rods we will use straws and for the players, clothes pegs.
The first step is to prepare your shoebox. You need to make holes for rods on each side of the box and holes for goals on other two sides. Holes for rods you need to make on the longer side of shoebox and holes for goals on the shorter side. Just remember how real foosball table looks. It is important to make proper dimensions of goals because the ball must go through. When you are making rods it is important that they are on the equall distance one from another.
After you are done with making the field from shoebox you can give the box to kids so they can color. While kids are coloring the box you will make rods. You need to make four rods. Proces of making rods is very simple; you need to fill straws with wooden dowels so they can’t bend. In an ideal solution, there would be to 2 teams with different colors of rods but if you can’t make it, leave them in the same color.
The last step when everything is coming together is making foosball players. First, you need to color 5 clothespins in one color and 5 in another color to present two separate teams. It will look nice if you can match them with the color of the rods. After you color the rods, box and players leave them dry. When they are dry, put foosball players on rods and glue them. Please wait until the glue is completely dry.
After all is dry you are ready to play foosball with your kids. This foosball table game is a great project for the rainy day. Also, there is some other project you can do on a rainy day like memory game od tic tac toe game. This DIY project sounds maybe a little complicated at the beginning, but you need to do it step by step and you will understand it. At the very end, you will see the result of your work and you will feel great. Do not become discouraged in the beginning because you don’t know what you are doing. After all, it is important to have a great time with your kids and complete your project.
I have two boys and also I love playing foosball. This project was a great experience for me because I merged three things together that I love: my boys, foosball and having fun.
Please follow and like us:
Let’s be creative this Halloween! Before you go shopping in all those fancy malls you can simply try to create a costume of your own this Halloween. You might already have all the things necessary for an army girl costume in those small drawers at home. The best thing about putting together your own costume is that you can reuse items you already have!
First look into your closet or drawers. Pull out some clothes that you think can be transformed into an army girl costume. If you don’t have the costume pieces, just visit the local party or second hand store to collect the essential components.
Here’s what you need:
- Army pants
- Black army boots
- Army cap or helmet
- Army shirt or tank top
- Army jacket
- Small army bag
- Black, green and brown face paint
- Toy gun
Here are some ideas of how you can utilize old stuff to create a new look:
- You can use a pair of your old pants. It doesn’t matter if they are torn from the knees or calf area as this is only going to give a rough and tough army look.
- You can go for trendy combat boots or black army boots to complete the look of your costume. A green pair of combat boots would be just perfect.
- If you already have an old cap or helmet, you can spray paint it in army shades like black, green and brown.
- A military green tank top serves the need if you don’t have an army shirt. You can experiment on this top with army colors.
- Wearing an army jacket is a good idea as it can save you from the cold weather. You can use paint on an old jacket to give it an army look.
- Give your costume a few finishing touches by carrying a small army bag, toy gun, and painting your face in army colors.
With all these things done, you are now ready to head off to the party as an army girl. Have a great party!
Please follow and like us:
You can make a personalized and fun journal with the help of different types of paper. You can embellish the journal as much as you want to make it look great. Hand-made journals make fantastic presents for people who love writing, doodling and making lists to stay organized. Here are some things you will need to make a stunning journal.
- A flat surface
- A scrapbook album
- One yard of fabric
- Two pretty sheets of scrapbook paper that matches with the selected fabric
- An acid-free spray adhesive
- Iron and ironing board
- Fabric pencil
- Measuring tape
- Pinking shears
Please follow these steps to make your journal cover.
Measure your existing album
Remove all the pages from your existing album and spread it out on a flat surface. Jot down its height and length and add about two inches to each measurement.
Iron your fabric and make it is flawlessly flat. Afterwards, spread it out on a flat working surface and mark the measurements with a fabric pencil. Use a ruler to draw straight lines for cutting.
Pink the straight edges of the fabric and give it a neat appearance. Afterwards, spread the fabric with its right side down on the flat surface and in a well-ventilated area. Now spray the adhesive on the fabric.
Apply the fabric on the spine of your album. Press firmly and make sure you leave no bubbles behind. Afterwards, turn the album over and fold each corner in. Press firmly and then fold in the sides neatly.
Use pinking shears and trim the scrapbook paper. See the inside cover of the scrapbook and make sure the paper overlaps the raw edges of fabric. Now spray adhesive on the scrapbook paper’s wrong side and apply it to the inside covers. Let your album dry and then replace its pages. You can use the brown Kraft paper envelopes as a different form of paper. You can create lots of layers using this paper. Use recycled cards and envelopes of Brown Kraft to make environment friendly albums.
Use beads, gems, ribbons, stamps, stickers, pearls etc. to decorate the album’s cover. You can also decorate the first page of the album.
Please follow and like us:
We all have ready-made dining and coffee tables at our homes. These tables are surely stylish and functional but you may want to make a few changes to them, especially if they are getting old and beat up. Making a personalized coffee table can be really fun. You can remodel an old coffee table or buy a new one for this project. I’m going to teach you how to make a mosaic coffee table. Here’s how you can do it:
- Take a low coffee table which features an insert. Remove the insert as it has to be used as a pattern in the new mosaic top. Clean the insert and refinish by painting the base of your coffee table. You can choose a table which comes with slim lines, low profile and ample top. Go for sturdy coffee tables as they can give your house a contemporary look. These tables are a great accent piece for your place.
- Now cut out a piece out of plywood. This piece should be equal to the original insert. Sand the edges of this piece and draw a design you want to use for your mosaic. You can use a permanent marker to trace the outline.
- Make sure you protect your eyes and body during this project. You can use a bath towel to prevent the tile pieces from flying. Wear safety glasses and take a hammer for the next step.
- Pick up tiles of different colors, break them in an assortment of sizes and keep them in gallon buckets plastic. These buckets hold all the pieces so that they don’t get scattered on the floor. Available in many colors and sized, they are made of sturdy food-grade high density plastic. You can use these tough buckets for many other purposes.
- Now you can glue the broken pieces and arrange different colors in the design you have created. Use tile adhesive to glue the pieces.
- Start making the grout once the design is complete. Mix the colored grout as per the directions written on the package. Spread out the grout to cover the entire surface. Make sure you cover all of the cracks of the table. Now remove the excess grout and wipe off with a damp sponge.
- You can insert the beautiful mosaic insert onto the coffee table once the table is completely dry.
Making a special coffee table is easy and fun. All you have to do is follow these simple steps, take the important precautions and there, your personalized table is ready!
Please follow and like us:
Many people think of spring cleaning as a time to rid your home of excess clutter that’s made its way throughout the years. If you’ve got extra sheets or bedding laying around, you can transform your favorite vintage sheets into a cozy quilt. Recycling your blankets is an easy project that doesn’t require and special equipment or prior quilting experience. If you’ve never made a quilt before, this project is a great introductory to quilting and you can use your finished product to revamp the look of your home interior or room.
What you’ll need:
- Two sheets
- One blanket
- Large safety pins
- Sewing machine
- Thread and 1 hand-sewing needle
What to do:
*Before you get started with this project, make sure you have enough floor space around you to lay each sheet out proportionately.
- Lay the two sheets out, right sides together. Your blanket (which should be fairly thin) should be hidden in between both sheets so be sure to check for any signs of dirt or rip on your sheets.
- Once you’ve placed your blanket atop the sheets, you’ll want to place safety pins on the blanket, pinning all three layers together. Be sure to pin at roughly 3-inch intervals in order to achieve the complete quilted look. Once all three layers are pinned together, you are free to move your piece around to cut and sew.
- If you’ve got extra or uneven material around the edges, trim the sheets and blanket to the same size.
- Machine-sew the layers together around the sides. These can be hand-sewn but if you’re more machine savvy, you’ll save extra time with this step.
- Trim the blanket close to the seam (this will take more bulk out from the seam and allow you to turn the quilt right side out more smoothly).
- Turn the quilt right side out. You can easily hand-sew the raw edges closed after and remove all the safety pins.
- To finish off your project, you will need to bind all three layers of fabric together. With your piece of yarn, take your large-eyed needle and take a small stitch through all layers of the quilt. Make sure you pass all the way to the bottom sheet.
- Once you’re done with each stitch, trim the yarn so you have two lengths of about 2 inches sticking up from the quilt. Tie the ends in a tight double knot and trim to about half an inch.
Keep in mind that you can place your ties in any configuration or pattern you like. The main idea is to spread them in a way to where your blanket doesn’t shift around within the sheets. You can measure the distances between each tie, but I find that lining them up visually works easier and looks just as great! You can design a baby boy blanket personalized out of old sheets or even from purple paisley crib bedding. There are so many options you can create from this project. Happy quilting, everyone!
Please follow and like us: