One of the best ways to get your creative juices flowing is by taking up a fun craft project. One such project is making cute items with embosses metal. In this blog post, we are going to show you how to make your own embossed metal using a soda can. I guarantee you that this project is easy-breezy and the end result is truly satisfying.
What you need:
- Soda can
- Sand paper
- Sharp Scissor
- Lacquer spray paint
How to do it:
- Take the unopened soda can and scrap off the outer paint using a sand paper. An empty can will cave in while you remove the outer paint and hence it is better to use an unopened one. Once this is done, you have a plain can that will be used to make some amazing designs and patterns.
- Now empty the can and take a sharp scissor and cut the top and bottom surface of the can. Be careful of the edges as it can be very sharp and uneven. Now cut through the center of the cylindrical can to get a plain sheet of metal to work with.
- Now that the can is a flat sheet, cut out the uneven and rough edges of the sheet and give it a nice rectangular shape.
- Pin the outer surface of the can down to a hard surface to be able to design freely on it. You can make floral patterns or geometric designs on it with the tip of a pen. You can also write your favorite quotes on it and then frame it.
- You can use the lacquer spray paint in various colors to make it colorful and fun.