Hello craft enthusiasts! It’s been a long break but we’re back from our holiday craft frenzy to bring you even more lovely projects than before. We hope you have had a wonderful new year and we can’t wait to share with you all of the exciting and new ideas that we have. And now, onto our next great project!
I am a huge Disney fanatic. Not only do I love places like Disneyland and all of its little secrets, but I also adore almost every Disney movie. My favorite Disney movie that came out recently was Tangled, with Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. And by far, my absolute favorite scene in that movie the scene where Flynn and Rapunzel are out on the water watching the floating lanterns. It always manages to take my breath away. Since we’re a huge fan of not only simple crafts, but also heart-warming ones, we’re here to tell you all about how you can make your own lanterns for whatever reason you want. Keep reading to see what you’ll need.
What you’ll need
- Hanging paper lanterns
- Tea lights
- Paints or crayons
What to do
- All you’ll need to make your own lantern are a few very simple tools. What we suggest you do is to take the hanging paper lantern that you have and paint on the outside of it. You can paint anything, form words to drawings, even wishes that your children made on the outside of it.
- Once the paint has dried on the outside of the lantern. Take some tape and tape the long toothpicks to the outside of the lantern, making sure that the ends are off the side of the lantern.
- After you have your readied lantern, take it and place it inside the Styrofoam.
- Place your candle inside your lantern, making sure that there is enough room in between the candle and the sides for you don’t want it to burn.
- Take the lantern outside and place it on your pool or outside on a table and watch them glow.
That wraps it up for one of our newer ideas. Stay tuned to see what else we have in store for you. Good luck and we can’t wait to hear from you on your own creative ideas.
Tags: hanging paper lanterns