Making your own mask can be fun and exciting. Handmade masks come in handy for themed events such as Halloween parties or a masquerade ball. They also make perfect gifts for family and friends. Here are some items you will need to make a great mask at home:
- A plain plastic mask
- Assorted feathers
- Acrylic craft paint
- A black marker
- A decorative stud
- Craft glue
- Invisible rubber thread
- A small drilling machine or screwdriver
Follow these steps to help create the perfect mask for your event:
- Color your plain white Zucker plastic mask with gold or silver craft paint. Keep in mind, you can use any color appropriate for the themed event.
- Create a design on the mask using a black or colored marker. You can also go the creative route and embellish your mask with a Quatro fishing line. Use these shimmery lines to border your mask.
- After you’ve given a nice color and pattern to your mask, use your crafts glue to decorate your mask with the assorted feathers.
- Choose a stud according to your mask’s color scheme and paste in the center of your mask. This will hide the ends of the feathers and will add to the complete look of your mask.
- Once you’re done decorating your mask, poke a hole on the left and right end of your mask right alongside the eyes of the mask.
- Take your invisible rubber thread and cut it according to the size of your head. A great way to ensure a perfect fit is to insert the thread in one hole while holding the mask up to your face. This way you’re able to accurately measure the size from one end to the other.
- Now you can finally insert the other end of your rubber thread into its corresponding hole and tie a knot at each end of the thread.
You can wear this mask to a party or showcase as in-home decor. With this tutorial, you can now design a unique mask or attend an elegant themed party.