If you have kids you most likely have half-used crayons all over the house. You probably keep buying new packs every time the school year starts over too. There’s an easy way to recycle these crayons. You can collect all of the crayon scraps and use them to make your very own multi colored crayons. This is a fun craft that the kids can help with to. It might even encourage them to clean up a little!
Here’s what you need:
Here’s what you do:
- Go around the house and gather all the half used crayon scraps that you want to use. If you need to, you can also get an 8 pack of crayons just to make your new multi color crayons more substantial.
- Peel the crayons.
- Break them if not already broken and put them into cupcake wrappers in a cupcake baking tray. Don’t fill them up more than half way each.
- Put them in oven set at 200 degrees
- Leave them in and check on them. It could anywhere from 2 to 6 minutes depending on your oven.
- Take them out of the oven when you think they’re ready and let them cool for about an hour or until you think they are ready to be removed from the cupcake wrappers.
- Use your new multi-colored crayons for next art projects or you can give them to some kids! Hang up some construction paper on a deluxe wooden easel and let them create a colorful piece of artwork.