Weddings are a magical event. What better way to show the bride and groom your love other than making them and all their guests some delicious wedding cookies. Here are some easy steps on how to make some delicious sugar cookies especially for the the wedding:
- Find a great sugar cookie recipe and follow the instructions. Get a wedding dress cookie cutter and cut as many cookies as you need. Place them in the oven, cook them, and then take them out and let them cool completely.
- While they are cooking in the oven you can make your icing. The icing is very easy to make and consists of powdered sugar, meringue powder, water, and food coloring. Once you are done making the icing the cookies should be done cooking!
- After the cookies are cool you can start decorating. Get your pastry bags and decorating tips. For the outlines you can use a #3 tip but that is too big for intricate details like the ones shown above. You would be better off with a #1 for that.
- Outline the cookies with a thin line of icing. You can then flood the inside with icing and spread it around with a toothpick or other small tool. Let the icing dry for several hours before adding the details.
- Using the #1 tip you can add the details of the dress as seen in the picture above. You can also add any details that may look similar to the actual bride’s dress.