If you have a home office, but want to make it more decorative and inviting then I have the perfect craft project for you. You can create a decorative cardboard file box to make your home office prettier and not so boring. It’s really easy and fun! You can make each file box have a different pattern so that you can differentiate what’s in each box.
Here’s what you need:
- Contact paper
- Scrapbooking paper
- Cardboard file boxes
Here’s what you do:
- Decide whether you’re going to use contact paper or scrapbooking paper to decorate your file boxes. If your box has awkward label shapes that you have to consider than painting the box my work better in your case.
- If you are going to use contact paper, take the lid off the box and place one side of the box on the bottom side of the contact paper. Use a pencil to trace shape very closely to the box. Cut it out. Repeat with all sides of the box.
- Then do the same thing with the box lid if there is one.
- Doing one side at a time, peel off the removable film protector and carefully stick each piece on to the sides of the boxes.
- If you are going to use scrapbooking paper, you can do the same exact thing with scrapbooking paper, only you need to glue the paper on to the box.
- If you want to decorate your box more you can use stickers, embellishments and labels to make each box fun and pretty!
- Get really creative and make decorative file folders. You can decorate them however you want and make each one unique.
- Use your new and improved decorative cardboard file box to decorate and organize your home office.