This is one craft that will keep your kids busy. Hand puppets will get your kids involved in a craft project and then they will have something new to play with after as well. Kids hand puppets are super easy to make and your kids could make a whole collection of characters. Then they can put on a puppet show for family and friends.
Here’s what you need:
-Felt – a variety of colors
Here’s what you do:
- Pick a felt color. You will two pieces of the same color. Put your hand down. Trace loosely around your hand, not around each finger.
- Cut this piece of felt out.
- Trace this piece of felt on to another felt sheet of the same color and cut it out.
- Glue these pieces together at the edge leaving the bottom open for a place to put your hand. If older kids are doing this project you could use needle and thread to sew the two pieces together.
- Use your felt colors and scissors to cut out eyes, eyebrows, mouths, noses and whatever else you want your puppet to have. You could make a hat, tie or even a mustache for your puppet. Get creative!
- Then glue these pieces on to your puppet.
- Have the kids put on a puppet show for family and friends using a Kidkraft majectic mansion. This craft will keep them busy and get them to think creatively and use their imaginations! Happy crafting!