Thanksgiving craft idea – A really fun way to get kids thinking about Thanksgiving and what they’re thankful for is by having them make their own Thanksgiving puppets. The great thing about this project is that the kids will have fun making their puppets and then enjoy playing with them after as well. You can use this opportunity to teach them about Thanksgiving or simply just ask them what they’re thankful for!
Magazine storage boxes – If you’re anything like me, you always end up having stacks of magazines! I’ll admit I’m a sucker for the latest gossip magazines while waiting in line at the grocery store and I’m often signed up for various monthly subscriptions. If you have a multiple-member household then this problem is only multiplied!
Necklace ideas – A hand-made necklace can be a much more memorable gift than a ready-made one. You can make your own beaded necklace instead of spending money on those pricey neck pieces available in the market. Here are some items you will need to make a stunning necklace at home:
- Assorted wooden and plastic beads
- Flexible beading wires
- Measuring tape
- Crimp beads
Once you have collected this stuff from an online store, you can start making some nice necklaces. Here are some steps which will help you do that.
In today’s project we’re going to go over how you can go about making your very own “CD sculpture”. So what exactly is a CD sculpture? It’s any number of things – you can use this fun crafting idea to make a wall hanging, an intricate piece of art, or even a bead-like entry way. We really love this project because its very fun, very easy, and looks absolutely fantastic. So without further ado – let’s get right to it!
Flower Pot People – If you are looking for a fun craft that can add a unique element to your backyard, here’s the perfect project. Just follow these instructions to make a flower pot person.
- Flower pots
- 12 with a six-inch diameter (arms)
- 12 with an eight-inch diameter (legs)
- 2 with a 12-inch diameter (body)
- 1 with a 10-inch diameter (head)
- Twelve pieces of Styrofoam that are three inches thick
- Strong wire
- Wire cutters
- Paint the pots in whatever fashion you desire, and let dry (this step is optional).
- Poke a hole in each piece of Styrofoam and each flower pot just large enough for the wire to fit through.
- Tie a knot in the wire. Bring the wire through the Styrofoam so that it rests on the knot.
- Bring the wire through an eight-inch pot from the inside and let the pot rest on the foam. That is one of the feet.
- Slide another piece of Styrofoam down the wire and rest it on the pot. Then bring another eight-inch pot to rest on the Styrofoam. Continue this process until you have six pots – that is a leg.
- Bring the wire through another eight-inch pot – this time from the outside – until it rests on top of the sixth pot. Bring a piece of Styrofoam down the wire so that it rests inside the pot. Stack the other five on top in the same manner.
- Put a piece of Styrofoam into the 12th pot and tie a knot; allow 12 inches of wire between the legs. Cut any excess rope.
- Follow steps 2-7 with the six-inch flower pots to make the arms.
- Place a 12-inch pot right side up on a bench with bench cushions (flower pot person will be difficult to move once assembled); place the other one upside down on top of it with another piece of wire running through both – that’s the body.
- Tie the bottom end of this wire to the wire between the legs.
- Tie the top end to the wire between the arms.
- Place the 10-inch pot, right side up, on the body and pull the wire through. Tie a knot and you’re done.
Now you have your very own flower pot person – better and more unique than a scarecrow. See if that doesn’t make your guests do a double take.