Have you ever wanted to make your shirt but have been too afraid or not known how to make one easily? Well we have a few very simple ideas on what you can do to make your very own, may it be for a sporting event or if you’re doing a high school Spirit Week, we have the necessary tools and know-how to teach you. Keep reading to see what you’ll need for this easy task.
What you’ll need
- 10 crayola fabric markers
- Cotton t-shirts
- Large surface area
What to do
- Get the shirt that you plan on drawing on, we suggest getting cotton because the fabric markers will work much better on a natural fabric.
- Get all of your materials ready and have them in a big surface area. You’ll want to make sure that you have room enough to draw everything that you want on it because you can draw upside down, flip the shirt over, and have it up and down and all around.
- Once you’ve fully prepared, get ready to let out your creative wild side! If you decide to do this for school, draw your school’s name or mascot on the front. What if you’re doing this for something cool like a midnight movie premiere? Then draw your favorite quote you’ve heard so far or have a picture of your favorite character.
- There are even stencils available that you can easily buy at your local craft store if you’re unsure with your fabric markers. All you have to do is tape the stencil down so it won’t move anywhere and fill it in as much as you want. This would be a great option is you have kids and they aren’t confident with what they can draw.
The best part about this project is the absolute freedom that you get with it. We love it for any time that you want a reason to celebrate. Going to a sporting event? Write your team’s name on the front and back. Need an extra shirt to sleep in but want it to be personalized? Draw your name and your favorite lullaby on the back. There’s many different ways to decorate a shirt of your own. Have you ever drawn your own shirt? Let us know in the comments below!