Like every year, Valentine’s Day creeps up on you. Don’t wait until the last minute to make meaningful Valentine’s cards for your loved ones. The best Valentines are handmade and heartfelt. The nice thing about making your own cards is that you can’t mess up. It is ok for Valentine’s Day cards to be a bit tacky and colorful. But here I will give you some ideas on how to make your very own festive Valentine’s card.
Here’s what you need:
– Pink leopard scrapbook paper
– Grey 3mm funky foam
– White paper
– Red and pink markers
Here’s what your do:
- The first thing you want to do is make some hearts! Lightly trace a heart on your pink lepard print scrapbook paper. You could use as many as you’d like, but for this project you only need one medium sized heart to fit on the front of your card. Cut it out.
- Then trace the letters for “Love” or any other word on to your grey 3mm funky foam. Cut these out.
- Take a white piece of paper and fold it hot dog style and then hamburger style so that you have a greeting card.
- The glue and arrange your pink leopard print heart and funky foam letters on to the front on the card.
- Once this dries use your red and pink markers to add your own personal doodles and designs to the card.
- Lastly, write your special Valentine’s message on the inside and your Valentine is ready to go.
Finding activities for creative and stimulating activities toddlers can be quite a difficult task considering pretty much anything shiny or loud will draw their attention. Managing play dates with multiple toddlers gets even trickier, making things exponentially more difficult to hold their attention. The best way to have a fun and productive play date is to organize a fun crafts activity, but what to do? Here are two great crafty activities that will be sure to entertain your little group of toddlers.
Rubber ducks have been a childhood favorite for generations and it is easy to see why. They provide youth children with a fun, interesting, and most importantly, safe toy to play with. So pick up some decorating supplies like markers, stickers, and paint, and encourage your little ones to give their rubber ducks a name and back-story to really get the project going. In terms of paint, waterproof acrylic paint works best as it is easy to use and will not come off when your youth one decides to bring their rubber duck into the tub!
Using the same materials from the last project, you can get your toddlers started on making a customized rubber silicone bracelet. Start off by writing the name of each kid on the bracelet and just let them customize them from there. Toddlers love having fun items with their names on them and they are sure to be proud of their creations.
Both of these projects are a fun and safe was for toddlers to get creative and will be sure to hold their attention for a couple hours.
Party favors can be great souvenirs for your guests. With some effort and creativity, you can design unique personalized bags to impress your guests. Get your children involved in the process by letting them choose the party favors as well as the wrapping paper. You may even allow them to assist in the wrapping. With these 5 easy steps, you can create some of the most creative party favor bags!
What you’ll need:
- Measuring tape
- Mini canvas totes
- Lightweight cardboard boxes (i.e. cereal or popcorn boxes)
- Glossy paper
- Purple paper bags
- Candy bar wrappers
What to do:
- Before you get started, estimate a total headcount of guests for the event. Once you jot down the names of all your guests on a piece of paper, you can start making your favor bags.
- With your lightweight cardboard box, measure the length and width of each side of these boxes.
- Take your large glossy paper and lay it on a flat surface. Cut out pieces for each side of the boxes. You can use measuring tape and chalk to cut right sized pieces. You can also use old purple paper bags or candy bar wrappers if glossy paper is not available.
- Now paste the pieces to the respective sides of your boxes and decorate them with sequins, buttons and other embellishments.
- Once you are done with the embellishments, you can start working on items you want to put inside the bags. You can choose the items according to the age group of children or people attending the party. For instance, small toys and pencil colors can be a good item for kids below 5 years of age. Chocolates and candies can be a great gift for people of any age. You can wrap candies in decorative candy bar wrappers.
Whether a birthday party or a baby shower, you can use different types of candy wrappers as you see fit. Select your favorite designs according to the event and make some great memories!
The best way to surprise your Valentine is with some semi-homemade cupcakes. Of course, you are busy and you probably don’t have time to make cupcakes from scratch. At the same time, you want to do something special and heartfelt for your Valentine. The best solution is to make some cupcakes from the box, but use special cupcake decorations to surprise that special someone. Brew some coffee before they come home to make the surprise complete.
Here’s what you need:
– Your Valentine’s favorite cake mix & necessary ingredients
– Vanilla frosting
– Red food coloring
– Red heart candy
– Valentine cupcake holders
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat the oven and follow the directions on the box of your cake mix.
- After you’ve finished baking your cupcakes, let them cool for about an hour to an hour and a half.
- Spoon some frosting into a bowl and mix in a drop or two of red food coloring. This is optional. If you want to have white frosting you can hold off on the food coloring.
- Evenly frost the top of all the cupcakes.
- Be creative! Use red candy hearts and sprinkles to decorate the cupcakes. You could use the red candy hearts to spell out your Valentine’s name. Use one letter per cupcake. You could also just make different designs on each of the cupcakes or keep it simple and just top each one with one heart!
- Brew some coffee! Have the coffee ready and waiting in some cute pinks coffee mugs when your Valentine arrives. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day gives you a chance to express your love to your friends, family and partner. Made for the people who love their dear ones deeply, this special day is celebrated worldwide. Picking gifts for the dear ones is the main ritual of Valentine’s Day. Here are some ideas that can help you to make some adorable Valentines Day crafts.
Make a Valentine’s Day card for your loved one
You can easily make an adorable Valentine’s Day card. Pick one of these ideas to make one. Take a black and white patterned paper and write your love message on it with red alphabet stickers. Red color pops against the black and white background. This is the simplest way to make a card. You can make a peppier card with the next trick. Take a plain white glossy paper along with some patterned, assorted and glossy papers. American Crafts paper pads available at CreateForLess are a good choice because they are come with papers featuring a variety of colors and patterns. You can go for papers with Valentine’s Day themed hearts, flowers, butterflies, arrows, stripes, dots, kites and clouds. Use a circle cutter to cut some circles of various sizes out of different colorful papers. Now paste the smallest circle in the middle of the white paper and write your love message in it. Paste the bigger circles outside the smaller one and make them look like the ‘Target’ sign.
Make Valentine’s Day cookies
This idea is better than simply buying a Valentine’s Day gift. Make personalized cookies or bake a fun batch of sweets to get that amazing smile from your partner. In order to make heart shaped cookies, take a cooking spray, 3 tablespoons margarine, 6 cups marshmallows, red food color 9 cups rice cereal and a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Coat a baking sheet with the cooking spray and set it aside. Now melt the margarine in a large pot using low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until they melt. Remove the pan from stove, put in some drops of red food color and stir. Now add the rice cereal and stir. Put this mixture on the baking sheet and spread it to even thickness. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter in the end. You can also use the 6 Cavity Valentine non-stick pan pack in place of a cookie cutter.
Make Pomegranate heart ice cubes
This idea can really surprise your loved one. Take a heart shaped ice cube tray and fill each heart with water. Now put some pomegranate seeds and put them into each heart. Let this tray rest in the freezer until the water turns into ice. Now serve the cocktails with these ice cubes.