One of the greatest craft ideas I ever came across was showed to me by one of my best friends. And it’s something so simple, anyone can do it. You can make your very own greeting cards with just a few simple steps and supplies. Not only do they end up looking beautiful, but they’ll be cherished for years to come because they’re so personal.
What you’ll need:
-several pages of scrapbook paper in whatever style you choose
-jewels, craft flowers, or stickers
What you do:
First, before you’ve purchased all your supplies, choose what type of card you’re making. Is it a birthday card, a Christmas card, a happy anniversary card or even a just because card? Depending on the type of card decides what type of paper you buy. At your local scrapbook store, there are always dozens of types of paper to choose from.
Once you have your card stock, you have a blank template to style to your heart’s content. Buying things that add pizzazz to your card makes a world of difference, like stick-on jewels or some ribbons. This is what you can do for one style of card.
- Cut your scrapbook paper into half inch strips, long enough to cover the surface of your cardstock
- Apply your roll-on tape onto the back of the scrapbook paper
- Gently press each strip onto your cardstock, with no gaps, varying the pattern to create an assorted look
- Once the paper has been set, applied and is dry, stick or use your roll-on tape to apply letters into your card
- Use some lace to adorn the top edge of the card
- Apply your jewels or other accessories near the edge of the lace on opposite sides of the card
- You’ve completed your card!
Once you’ve finished decorating the outside of your card, make sure to write something well thought out and sincere in your card as well. Not only will your card look beautiful but it will also show how much you care about the person you’re giving it to.