A great way to wish your loved ones a Merry Christmas this year is with handmade cards! You can make some beautiful, personalized Christmas greeting cards at home. This is an inexpensive and simple way to express your love. Along with this, it is the personal touch which makes these cards special.
Here’s what you need:
- Glue stick
- Black sketch pen/black marker
- Pastel sheet
- Textured paper
Here’s what you do:
- First choose a textured paper for your card. You can pick some designer sheets from Avery textured greeting card stock. These sheets make card making easier because you don’t have to paint or decorate them. They also help you create really beautiful cards as they come in various designs and patterns.
- Now fold this paper like a book. By doing this you basically divide a paper into two equal parts.
- Now make a wavy design at three open ends of the card with a scissor. You can also use a crafting scissor to give the edges that wavy look. Give your card the desired size with the help of these scissors.
- Take a pastel sheet matching with the color of your card and cut a long rectangular shape out of it. Paste it on the front of your card and write ‘Happy Holidays’ or ‘Merry Christmas’ on it using a black marker.
- You can write a festive message and your name inside the card.
- Use glue stick for envelopes and seal it properly.
Making handmade Christmas cards is a great idea because it gives you an opportunity to do something nice for your loved ones. Expressing your love with these cards will make your Christmas extra special this year.