Retro-style pastel-tipped sunglasses go well with just about anything. You can wear them with shorts, jeans, party tops, and other casual pieces. They give you a cool yet feminine look. You don’t have to buy pricey designer pastel-tipped sunglasses. Here are some items you can use to make your own chic DIY version at home!
What you’ll need:
- Plain black cat-eye sunglasses
- Black Sharpie
- Pastel nail polish
- Clear base coat
- Top coat
- Superglue and decorative studs (or substitute with glitter nail polish)
Follow the steps below to make your own pastel-tipped cat-eye sunglasses:
- Take a pair of plain black cats eye glasses and use a black Sharpie to mark off the areas where the pastel tips will be. You’ll want to mark off a small section at both of the top outer corners of your sunglasses. These marks may be slightly visible but won’t be prominent once you are done decorating your sunglasses.
- Now take a bottle of clear base coat and apply it onto the marked-off area, followed by two coats of nail polish in a pastel color of your choice. Allow time to dry between each coat.
- Once the nail polish is dry, use superglue to apply decorative studs onto the pastel tips in a symmetrical arrangement. You can also use glitter nail polish instead of decorative studs.
- Let the superglue or glitter nail polish dry. To speed up the process, leave your glasses under a fan for a few minutes.
- Apply two layers of top coat on the decorated area. Once the top coat is dry, your DIY pastel-tipped sunglasses will be ready to wear!
You can purchase a sturdy case to keep your sunglasses safe while you are traveling. You can also keep your sunglasses in decorative wire baskets when you aren’t wearing them. Williams-Sonoma, Target and Blomus offer different types of wire baskets.