Nature can sometimes amaze you with some of its simplest but incredible creations. And the best thing is that you can use many of them to create a great craft. Craft making is one of the many ways to bond with family, friends and kids! A really simple and easy craft to make is a pinecone owl. You can use them year after year as fall and Thanksgiving decorations.
Here’s what you need:
- Fall leaves
- Acorn caps
- Yellow paper
- Brown paper
- Elmers gel glue
- Small pom poms
You can start this craft by going on a walk with the kids, family or friends to gather some pinecones and acorn caps. Once you’re done with your gathering, you can return home and transform your pinecones into cute owls.
Here’s what you do:
- Take a pinecone and use Elmer’s gel glue to paste a large pom pom on the top of it to make your owl’s head
- Cut two tear drop shapes from felt to make the wings and paste them to the sides of cone
- Cut two ovals from felt for making the feet and paste them at the bottom of cone
- Add Fall leaves to create some feathers on the wings
- Paste two acorn caps on pom pom to make the eyes of your owl
- Fold a small piece of yellow paper in half, cut it into a diamond shape, place it between the two caps and paste it on the pom pom to make a beak
- Cut out two small triangles from the brown paper to make the ears and paste them on top of the pom pom
And there you are! Find a place among your Fall or Thanksgiving decor for your cute home-made pinecone owl.