If you are looking for a fun craft that can add a unique element to your backyard, here’s the perfect project. Just follow these instructions to make a flower pot person.
- flower pots
- 12 with a six-inch diameter (arms)
- 12 with an eight-inch diameter (legs)
- 2 with a 12-inch diameter (body)
- 1 with a 10-inch diameter (head)
- Twelve pieces of Styrofoam that are three inches thick
- Strong wire
- Wire cutters
- Paint the pots in whatever fashion you desire, and let dry (this step is optional).
- Poke a hole in each piece of Styrofoam and each flower pot just large enough for the wire to fit through.
- Tie a knot in the wire. Bring the wire through the Styrofoam so that it rests on the knot.
- Bring the wire through an eight-inch pot from the inside and let the pot rest on the foam. That is one of the feet.
- Slide another piece of Styrofoam down the wire and rest it on the pot. Then bring another eight-inch pot to rest on the Styrofoam. Continue this process until you have six pots – that is a leg.
- Bring the wire through another eight-inch pot – this time from the outside – until it rests on top of the sixth pot. Bring a piece of Styrofoam down the wire so that it rests inside the pot. Stack the other five on top in the same manner.
- Put a piece of Styrofoam into the 12th pot and tie a knot; allow 12 inches of wire between the legs. Cut any excess rope.
- Follow steps 2-7 with the six-inch flower pots to make the arms.
- Place a 12-inch pot right side up on a bench with bench cushions (flower pot person will be difficult to move once assembled); place the other one upside down on top of it with another piece of wire running through both – that’s the body.
- Tie the bottom end of this wire to the wire between the legs.
- Tie the top end to the wire between the arms.
- Place the 10-inch pot, right side up, on the body and pull the wire through. Tie a knot and you’re done.
Now you have your very own flower pot people – better and more unique than a scarecrow. See if that doesn’t make your guests do a double take.