Most women carry a large tote bag with them when they are heading out. The advantage of carrying a large purse is that you can fit almost all your items but the disadvantage is that you never find the item when you need it. How many times have you heard your cell phone ring and not been able to pick it up as you cannot locate it in your bag? A solution to this problem is creating a cell phone wallet with shoulder strap that you have easy access to. You can also utilize it as a passport holder when you are travelling.
Here are the things you will need-
- Cotton fabric
- Sewing machine
Here are the steps to make your own cell phone wallet with shoulder strap-
- Measure your cell phone dimensions and add a few inches to both – length and breadth, as you will want to keep some money along with your cell phone. So if your phone measures 6 inches by 4 inches then take it as 8 inches by 6 inches to add some room. Accordingly, chalk the dimension out on a piece of cotton fabric. Cut out 2 pieces of fabric of the size measured.
- Place the two fabrics facing each other and hold them in place with straight pins.
- Sew the two fabrics together in a straight seam and leave one-quarter inch from the fabric edge on the three sides.
- Now turn the pouch right side out to see the fruit of your hard work. Align and attach the piece of Velcro to the fourth side of the pouch to make sure you can close the pouch.
- To create shoulder strap, choose a fabric that you used for the pouch or some other bold colored fabric to add some spunk to your cell phone wallet. The breadth of the fabric should be 1.5 to 2 inches while the length should be according to your preference.
- Fold the long fabric and sew the lengths together and turn it over to the right side.
- Finally, sew the ends of the strap to the inner corner of the pouch.
You can create this even for your little girl who begs for a ‘big girl purse’. Make it fun and sparkly for her by placing some adhesive stars on the pouch.