Handmade cards are so much better than store bought, because they are personal and you can make them prettier too! This craft should be fun not stressful. Don’t feel like every card needs to be identical. Try different combinations of patterns and elements to create an original festive card each time.
Here’s what you need:
Colored paper – try orange, black or purple
Hot glue gun
Colored hot glue gun sticks – try silver or orange
Halloween themed seal stamp
Halloween stamp pads – try silver
Here’s what you do:
- Take one piece of paper and fold it in half or however you want the card to open. After you’ve folded it, take your patterned scissors and cut the edges. Just don’t cut the fold of course!
- Then take your other colored paper – maybe purple, purple on black would look great – and cut a square or rectangle that is a half inch to an inch smaller than the front of your card.
- Take your Avery glue pen and glue this piece of paper to the front of your card.
- To make easy Halloween seal stamps to decorate your card, simply use some colored hot glue on a scratch piece of paper. As soon as it’s on the paper hold the Halloween seal stamp on top of the hot glue until it hardens, then remove it. You should be able to peel the seal stamp off of the scratch paper. You can use these to decorate your card by gluing them on.
- To complete your card, use Halloween stamps and stickers to decorate the rest of your card. Make sure you use a greeting like “Happy Halloween.” Maybe you have a sticker or a stamp that has a greeting you can use already. Other items you can use are ribbon, patterned Halloween paper or even items around your home that you can recycle.