Making cupcakes is right for just about any occasion and who honestly doesn’t like cupcakes? You can embellish them up and down, fill its center with something sweet or leave them as is and top them with decorative frosting, candies, and so much more. These days, chefs and expert bakers are sprucing up their cupcakes designs better and more creative than ever before! Prepare the perfect, scrumptious candy cupcakes with these 7 easy steps!
What you’ll need:
- Silicone cupcake mold
- Cake mix
- Cupcake icing
- Kitchen oven
- Cupcake liners
- Decorative candy
- Optional: Ice cube molds
What to do:
- The easiest way to make cupcakes it to prepare from the cake mix alone and follow the packaged directions in mixing the batter (unless you’re Betty Crocker and want to make your recipe from scratch).
- Once you’ve chosen your cupcake recipe, preheat your oven for roughly 15 minutes to reach the required temperature. Preheating will ensure accurate heat baking.
- For best results, line your silicone cupcake molds with decorative cupcake liners. Cupcakes bake taller in paper cupcake liners and are easier to remove from the pan. They are also easier to grasp when it comes time for frosting or decorating.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full. Be sure to avoid adding an excessive amount of batter or the cupcakes will overflow.
- Once you’ve gotten all your rows filled, bake for about 15 to 25 minutes. Most cupcakes bake evenly at a 350 degree setting. You can discern whether or not a cupcake is ready by poking a toothpick through the center.
- Once your cupcakes are done baking, give it about 10 minutes to cool down before any further embellishing.
- Use a small flat metal spatula to distribute the frosting and enhance your cupcake by adding pieces of candy that makes out a creative design.
My favorite way to elaborately decorate a cupcake is to incorporate paste food coloring to color your frosting. For other garnishes besides M&M candy (which I personally used), try chopped nuts, colorful sugar or sprinkles.