Eye glasses are a necessity for many people, therefore, glasses cases must not be boring! This trendy case for glasses is perfect for teens to create and use. It requires less than an hour’s time to craft and is a fun project. Follow these 7 easy steps to make the perfect DIY pink eyeglass case.
What you need:
- Crafts felt, preferably pink (test and make sure felt will not scratch lenses
- Soft matching lining material
- Felt craft embellishments
- Jewel glue
- Embroidery thread in color of choice
- Fusible web
- Checkerboard fabric
What to do:
- If you’re using a crafts template, you may want to print out the case template and trace it onto the piece of felt.
- Have a large piece of felt at hand which will serve as the actual case.
- Fold the case in half and use your soft lining material to sew the opposite side shut.
- Using an iron, fuse the cotton to what will be the inside of the case.
- Print out the flower template and trace it twice onto the felt. Cut the flowers out and sew them onto one half side of the case, using a basting stitch.
- Fold the felt in half and now use a blanket stitch to sew it together.
- Use the jewel glue and glue the glass nuggets onto the flower centers.