If you want to spruce things up for your next dinner or get-together that you are hosting, making fun shaped ravioli for dinner and cupcakes for dessert will surely bring a smile to your guests’ faces. Here’s how you can make these delectable dishes:
Since ravioli does need to be sealed, using shapes like stars or horseshoes would not be practical and can make cooking them difficult. Ravioli stamps are available in circles, squares and even triangles and rectangles so creating a medley of these shapes in your dish will definitely be noticed! Follow these steps:
- After you have made your pasta dough, run it through your pasta roller to create your sheets of ravioli dough.
- Brush egg wash all over one sheet of ravioli dough to act as glue.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the filling you have made onto the same sheet with egg was. Place as many tablespoons as you can on the sheet while giving enough room in between them to allow your ravioli stamps accurately cut your ravioli shape.
- Place another sheet of ravioli dough onto your sheet that has filling, and press down the sheet around the filling to make for a clean edge when cutting the ravioli
- Use your ravioli stamps in the shapes you’ve chosen and cut out the pieces of ravioli. You can create semi-circles by using half the amount of filling per ravioli and folding circle shaped ravioli in half. If you want to take an extra step to secure the filling, you can press the ravioli’s edges down with a fork.
Now your fun shaped ravioli is ready to be cooked and enjoyed!
Fun shaped desserts
For dessert, you can bake sweet treats like brownies or mini cakes in shapes like stars, flowers, and hearts by using a silicone baking mold. They also come in seasonal shapes like four-leaf clovers, Christmas trees, and Easter eggs so you can create your own collection to use for holiday events!
What are your favorite shapes to work with when cooking tasty treats?