If you want to paint your gutters a color that will match your home exterior paint, you will need to get aluminum paint which is used specifically for painting metals or outdoor fixtures. Regular paint can crack or rust because of weather conditions, however aluminum paint solves this problem and can be used on the following:
- Metal Roofs
Note that this paint can also be used to paint the exterior of your home if you would like. It works especially well if you are painting doors exposed to the exterior as well – painting over a spring listed door hinge will protect it from getting rusted over time. Here’s how you can prolong the look of your gutters by using aluminum paint.
- Aluminum paint primer
- Aluminum paint
- Paint brushes
- Use a ladder that is tall enough for you to reach your gutters
- Line FrogTape to protect areas of your house that might get painted over while you are painting your gutters
- Use a paint brush to prime your gutters with aluminum paint primer (make sure to mix it before using!)
- Once it is dry, repaint your gutters with the aluminum paint color of your choice. Once again, make sure to mix your paint before using it to make sure the consistency of the paint is balanced
- Peel off your FrogTape to get a nice, clean finish and let it dry
Let us know what you typically use aluminum paint for, and how it worked for you!