If you’re looking for ways to decorate your room, one quick and easy way to add some sparkle is by putting your jewelry on display. Bird cage-shaped jewelry organizers are one of the most popular jewelry organizer styles you’ll find. While buying a jewelry organizer is easy, you can make your own in minutes.
What you’ll need:
- An unused round antique bird cage
- Craft wire
- Satin or grosgrain ribbon
What to do:
- Cut a length of craft wire a few inches longer than the circumference of the cage. Twist the wire around one of the horizontal bars of your bird cage. When you’re done wrapping one piece of wire around one bar, twist the remaining tail ends of the wire together to keep the wire in place.
- Repeat step 1 for any of the remaining horizontal bars on the cage.
- Cut a length of ribbon and tie it into a bow onto the top of the cage.
- Cut a 12-inch piece of wire and bend it into a small loop. Leave two tail ends, each a couple of inches long. Twist these two tail ends onto the top of the bird cage from the inside. You can unclasp a beautiful necklace, such as a personalized heart pendant, and re-clasp it through the wire loop to keep it on display inside the bird cage.
- Hang fish hook earrings from your new organizer by placing the hooks between the bird cage bars and the wire wrapped around it.