Now that spring is here there will be plenty of outdoor get together and parties. You can take up making a fun party dress from a simple one shoulder dress for your daughter or yourself as a spring project. By making a few alterations, you will make a whole new dress that you will love to wear. The key to making your plain one shoulder dress more glamorous and interesting is by adding sequins to the shoulder and other decorative items to increase its style quotient.
What you need:
- One shoulder dress
- Decorative chains for clothes
- Thread and needle (that will fit the hole of the sequin)
How to do it:
- Take the shoulder of the dress and decide the kind of pattern you want on it. You can even take a piece of chalk and lightly mark the pattern. Make sure you do not overdo it and the pattern is within 4 inches from your shoulder.
- Now put the thread into the needle and knot the ends to get a double thread stitch. This will help to hold the sequin in its place.
- Now sew the sequins in the pattern you designed while making sure that the knot is at the back of the dress. Once you are done with the sequins, you can attach the decorative chain.
- You should stitch the ends of the chain on the shoulder in such a way, that it forms a u-shape on your arm when you put on the dress.
This style also makes great juniors dresses and you can surprise your kid sister or friend with this thoughtful but stylish dress.