Would you believe that? Bats account for around a quarter of all mammal species. They are valuable to us, as well as natural ecosystem. Sadly, the winged mammals number have been diminishing due to pollution, habitat loss and other reasons. Therefore, grab a chance to express your love for this warm-blooded symbol of Halloween by making an origami bat. An origami bat makes a great Halloween decoration. You could make a ton of these and hang them up on your ceiling, in the kitchen, patio or the entrance this Halloween.
What you will need:
A sheet of square origami paper (6″ x 6″ / 15 cm x 15 cm) or a decorative printer paper, a flat surface, scissors, punch and paint
Instructions for making an Origami bat:
- Start by folding a perfect square sheet of paper to make a triangle. Paper can be black, brown in any shade, gray or any other color that suits your imagination for Halloween.
- Fold your square paper twice diagonally
- Turn the paper over and fold two times side to side.
- Push in at the sides to form a sort of pyramid by using both hands.
- Cave it into a double triangle with two flaps on each side.
- Bring the top left flap down and under the center. Do the same to the right side.
- Now fold the top down a little to form a bat face.
- Cut a slit on each side on the bat head at the point you see in the photo.
- The pointed ends are the ears and the folded tip is the bat’s face.
- Use the punch to make ears and feet. Then use the paint to make the eyes.
And you are ready with your fun creative project!