Organization is key when working in an office setting or managing a lot of documents. With so many documents coming in everyday, life can become insane if an easy work flow system is not maintained. If you are running an office from home, two products that will streamline this process for you and provide systematic organization of the documents are a business mail organizer and business mail cubbies. A business mail cubby will help organize documents for different departments and a business mail organizer will help prevent the stress of searching for important documents.
There are two different ways to design a mail organizer or mail cubbies on a budget with some creativity:
All you need to make a quick and handy mail organizer is suction cup hooks and heavy duty envelopes. Attach the suction cup hooks to the wall, window or a desk. Now hang the heavy duty envelope into the hook. Make sure to have sufficient spacing between the suction cup hooks to accommodate the envelopes. You can reinforce the envelopes with clear tapes to make the whole built sturdy. Now add the relevant papers to each envelope according to your classification.
Get four to six cereal boxes of same size. Cut off the top and tape the cereal boxes together with a duct tape, glue or stapler. Take the cereal box and place it flat with the opening facing you. Enhance the look of this unit by covering with a colored construction paper, cardboard, aluminum foil or photos.You are ready with a mail cubby to add your paper according to a category.
While a DIY organizer might seem cheap, it is a great money and time saver when you are working on a budget and still looking for organization.
Let’s be creative this Halloween! Before you go shopping in all those fancy malls you can simply try to create a costume of your own this Halloween. You might already have all the things necessary for an army girl costume in those small drawers at home. The best thing about putting together your own costume is that you can reuse items you already have!
First look into your closet or drawers. Pull out some clothes that you think can be transformed into an army girl costume. If you don’t have the costume pieces, just visit the local party or second hand store to collect the essential components.
Here’s what you need:
- Army pants
- Black army boots
- Army cap or helmet
- Army shirt or tank top
- Army jacket
- Small army bag
- Black, green and brown face paint
- Toy gun
Here are some ideas of how you can utilize old stuff to create a new look:
- You can use a pair of your old pants. It doesn’t matter if they are torn from the knees or calf area as this is only going to give a rough and tough army look.
- You can go for trendy combat boots or black army boots to complete the look of your costume. A green pair of combat boots would be just perfect.
- If you already have an old cap or helmet, you can spray paint it in army shades like black, green and brown.
- A military green tank top serves the need if you don’t have an army shirt. You can experiment on this top with army colors.
- Wearing an army jacket is a good idea as it can save you from the cold weather. You can use paint on an old jacket to give it an army look.
- Give your costume a few finishing touches by carrying a small army bag, toy gun, and painting your face in army colors.
With all these things done, you are now ready to head off to the party as an army girl. Have a great party!
Now that it’s almost fall, you probably have a few great pictures from your trips to the beach over the summer. A great way to display those pictures is by making your own beach picture frames. You might think it’s a daunting task, but it’s really simple and these picture frames make great gifts as well.
Here’s what you need:
– Your favorite beach picture
– A wooden frame from the craft store
– Old newspaper
– Sand (optional)
– Hot glue gun
– Elmer’s glue
– Paint brush
Here’s how you do it:
- Put down a sheet of old newspaper on your working space for easy clean up.
- Spread a layer of Elmer’s glue on the frame. You can use your fingers or a paint brush to do so.
- Quickly pour some sand on top of the glue. Lift the frame and gently shake off the excess sand from the frame on the newspaper. Then repeat this until there is enough sand covering your picture frame.
- Use a hot glue gun to secure your favorite sea shells on to the sand portion of the picture frame. You can use as many sea shells as you would like. You just add a few or cover most of the picture frame. Adult supervision is needed when using a hot glue gun.
- Let the frame dry for about four hours to be on the safe side.
- Once the picture frame is complete add the photo and display in your home!
Tags: beach picture frames
Your backyard is supposed to be a relaxing, inviting environment. If your backyard isn’t giving you that, it might be time to redecorate. By touching up an area or two you would be surprised the difference you can make to the look and feel of your backyard.
Without unloading your pockets to landscape your backyard you can add a unique touch here and there to make a difference. Here are some items you may want to consider using to decorate your backyard:
- A hammock
- A range of different glass bottles (different shapes, colors)
- Wind spinners
- Bird feeders
- Tables and chairs
How to do it:
Hammocks are a great way to lounge around outside in the yard. You can spend many afternoons soaking up the sun and diving into a good book while laying on one of these. Pair a hammock with some tables and chairs and soon you’ll be on your way to a blissful evening.
Wind spinners bring a very home-ish feeling to your yard. A Name Your Link will show its age and look fantastic in any backyard.
You can definitely get creative with bird feeders. A traditional birdhouse plus feeder combination is common, but Name Your Link show your creativity and add a unique style to your yard. Seeing a family of birds in your backyard on a Sunday evening is always a nice way to end a weekend.
Something you can do with unique glass bottles you come across is to use them as flower holders for the backyard. Having different colors, shapes, and sizes really adds a creative element to your backyard. You can pick flowers that are blooming from the garden and pair them with your unique bottles.
Don’t be afraid to bring inside furniture outside. Things like pillows and curtains can definitely bring the comfort, that’s normally inside the house, outside.
DIY Simple Bead Earrings
Beautiful jewelry is easy to make, you can create your own simple and elegant pieces with just a few supplies. For jewelries that has elegant flair, you can use certain beads, for example Czech or Swarovski crystals, which come in a variety of shimmery eye catching shades, ranging from clear crystal to black onyx. You may also find lovely pastel and striking bold colors that are perfect for creating distinctive pieces. Hematite is a deep grey metallic stone that adds depth and contrast when combined with crystal.
What you would need:
- Round nose pliers
- Crimp pliers
- Wire cutters
- 2 head pins
- 2 lever back earwire
- 2 crystal stones
- 2 hematite stones
1- Slide the clear crystal bead and the hematite stone on the head pin
2- Use Round nose pliers to bend the wire until it touches the top stone as shown on the picture.
3- Slide the lever back onto the wire
4- Hold the top of the wire above the hematite bead steady
5- Use your crimp pliers to wrap the wire around the top of the bead
6- Cut the remaining wire
You now a beautiful and elegant pair of earrings! The wire is very flexible so you can adjust the soft wire part as needed.
Interested in new craft ideas? Then this is the perfect place for you.
Craft Corners is like a little workshop with corners for stitching, handmade jewelry, recycled crafts and ideas for home & garden or your art and design projects.
We also like to help you prepare unique decoration for special events such as birthday, Halloween, wedding or other family celebrations. Anything made of fabric, wood, plastic, glass, metal can be turned into something amazing.
We happily welcome guest bloggers to write about their favorite crafts. We would be glad to publish your crafts here – Also we regularly publish “the Best of the Web” craft on our website – contact us!
Are you also trying to sell your crafts online? we can help you! We have been very successful in developing online Handmade and craft businesses, identifying the niche market and attracting visitors to your business through an unique SEO (search Engine Optimization) approach.
We are looking forward to your suggestions, comments and new craft ideas!
Tags: craft blog