Party favors can be great souvenirs for your guests. With some effort and creativity, you can design unique personalized bags to impress your guests. Get your children involved in the process by letting them choose the party favors as well as the wrapping paper. You may even allow them to assist in the wrapping. With these 5 easy steps, you can create some of the most creative party favor bags!
What you’ll need:
- Measuring tape
- Mini canvas totes
- Lightweight cardboard boxes (i.e. cereal or popcorn boxes)
- Glossy paper
- Purple paper bags
- Candy bar wrappers
What to do:
- Before you get started, estimate a total headcount of guests for the event. Once you jot down the names of all your guests on a piece of paper, you can start making your favor bags.
- With your lightweight cardboard box, measure the length and width of each side of these boxes.
- Take your large glossy paper and lay it on a flat surface. Cut out pieces for each side of the boxes. You can use measuring tape and chalk to cut right sized pieces. You can also use old purple paper bags or candy bar wrappers if glossy paper is not available.
- Now paste the pieces to the respective sides of your boxes and decorate them with sequins, buttons and other embellishments.
- Once you are done with the embellishments, you can start working on items you want to put inside the bags. You can choose the items according to the age group of children or people attending the party. For instance, small toys and pencil colors can be a good item for kids below 5 years of age. Chocolates and candies can be a great gift for people of any age. You can wrap candies in decorative candy bar wrappers.
Whether a birthday party or a baby shower, you can use different types of candy wrappers as you see fit. Select your favorite designs according to the event and make some great memories!