With Easter around the corner, why go the store-bought route when you can decorate your own basket? If you have an old dress you don’t wear anymore, you can repurpose this to add some flair to your basket.
What you’ll need
- An old dress – in pastel colors look great for Easter
- Basket – round wire mesh baskets with a wide mesh work best
- Double-sided fabric tape
What to do
- Use a ruler to measure the spacing between the top and bottom of a row of the basket. Use this measurement to cut strips of your sundress at the same thickness.
- Place a piece of double-sided tape at the end of one strip. Starting at the bottom row, pull a few inches of the strip from the outside into the basket. Fold back this tail end around the wire so that the tape will hold the ribbon in place.
- Begin weaving the strip of fabric through the basket. When you reach the end of the strip, add a small piece of tape to the end; then join this with a new strip.
- Continue weaving your way upward until you reach the top, securing your final strip with one last piece of tape.
- Use one more strip to tie a bow at the base of the handle.
If you have clutter splayed across your desk, tables and shelves, this basket can come in handy well beyond Easter. Use it all year round to keep yourself organized!