While party planning as a grown-up isn’t as easy as running to the party supply store and buying Dora the Explorer-themed tableware, you can still have fun using a more mature motif as inspiration for your invitations, table setup, and decorations. If you’re not quite sure what theme to use, we’ll provide you with some ideas for planning a party with a peacock motif inspired by this season’s trendy peacock feather accessories. Here are some ideas you can try for just about any occasion:
For your table setting
Pick out a blue table cloth and layer this under a green tablecloth. Add brown paper plates, one 16 oz green plastic cup for each guest, teal place mats, and peacock napkins to complete the look.
To entertain your guests: Make peacock feather headbands
Whether you’ll be hosting a birthday party, tea party, or just enjoying an excuse to get the girls together, entertaining your guests with a fun DIY activity will make your party more memorable. Here is what you’ll need to make a peacock feather headband:
- thin plastic headband
- green and blue satin ribbon
- glue gun
- faux peacock feathers
What to do:
- Pick out one or two peacock feathers and determine where you would like to place them on your headband.
- Use the glue gun to apply glue to the feather’s tail; then press this end to the headband for a few seconds, holding it in place with a Q-tip.
- Starting at one end, use the glue gun to apply dots of glue to the headband.
- Carefully wrap the blue or green satin ribbon around the headband. Continue adding dots of glue to the headband as you wrap the ribbon around it.
- When you have covered the tail of the feather, push the ribbon behind the feather; then continue wrapping the ribbon around the rest of the headband.
- Trim the ribbon when you reach the end of the headband.
What are some other ways to incorporate a peacock motif into a party? If you have any ideas, share them with us!