Archive for the ‘Special Events’ Category
Handmade Halloween cards – Handmade cards are so much better than store bought, because they are personal and you can make them prettier too! This craft should be fun not stressful. Don’t feel like every card needs to be identical. Try different combinations of patterns and elements to create an original festive card each time.
Here’s what you need:
- Colored paper – try orange, black or purple
- Hot glue gun
- Colored hot glue gun sticks – try silver or orange
- Halloween themed seal stamp
- Halloween stickers
- Avery glue pen
- Patterned scissors
- Halloween stamps
- Halloween stamp pads – try silver
Here’s what you do:
- Take one piece of paper and fold it in half or however you want the card to open. After you’ve folded it, take your patterned scissors and cut the edges. Just don’t cut the fold of course!
- Then take your other colored paper – maybe purple, purple on black would look great – and cut a square or rectangle that is a half inch to an inch smaller than the front of your card.
- Take your Avery glue pen and glue this piece of paper to the front of your card.
- To make easy Halloween seal stamps to decorate your card, simply use some colored hot glue on a scratch piece of paper. As soon as it’s on the paper hold the Halloween seal stamp on top of the hot glue until it hardens, then remove it. You should be able to peel the seal stamp off of the scratch paper. You can use these to decorate your card by gluing them on.
- To complete your card, use Halloween stamps and stickers to decorate the rest of your card. Make sure you use a greeting like “Happy Halloween.” Maybe you have a sticker or a stamp that has a greeting you can use already. Other items you can use are ribbon, patterned Halloween paper or even items around your home that you can recycle.
Tags: Avery glue pen
There are so many new creative ways to decorate pumpkins aside from the basic pumpkin face carving. Pumpkins are a traditional decorative piece for fall, especially Halloween and Thanksgiving. Now-a-days you might see bejeweled pumpkins, painted pumpkins or etched pumpkins. Here are a few alternative pumpkin decorating ideas you can try this year.
What you need: Black acrylic paint, orange pumpkin, painter’s tape, etching tools, white chalk and Vaseline
Here’s what you do: Cover the stem of your pumpkin with painter’s tape. Then paint the whole pumpkin with your black acrylic paint. After it dried, take your white chalk and draw whatever design you desire on your pumpkin. Use the etching tools to carve out the designs you made with white chalk. Using a little bit of Vaseline on the exposed part of the pumpkin will help it last longer. Remove the painter’s tape and your pumpkin is complete!
Modern carved pumpkin (see picture above)
What you need: Metallic spray paint, black acrylic paint, painter’s tape, Funkin (or fake craft store pumpkin) and Dremel tool
Here’s what you do: Cover the stem of your pumpkin with painter’s tape. Spray paint the pumpkin with a metallic color that you like outdoors. Once it dries, make a design with the black acrylic paint. Once it dries use a Dremel tool to carve out holes or whatever design you desire. Also use the Dremel tool to carve a hole in the bottom, so that you can place your pumpkin over an electric tea light.
Tags: Black acrylic paint
DIY paper Halloween lanterns – Making your own Halloween lanterns is fun and when they are done you have a cool new Halloween decoration. These look really cool with a candle or electric tea light inside of them. This is a project that kids can participate in too, with a little help from an adult. Happy Halloween crafting!
Here’s what you need:
- White chalk
- Four pieces of black card stock
- Four pieces of vellum
- An X-Acto knife
- Darice tape double sided
A tea light or electric tea light candle
Here’s what you do:
- Take your black construction paper and cut four pieces so that they are 5 inches wide and 7 inches tall.
- On all of the pieces, fold the long ends an inch inward toward the side that will be the inside of your lantern. You are making flaps that you will tape together to create the lantern.
- Draw a border an inch and a half in on each of your sides so that it looks like a frame. Use some white chalk to draw designs you want such as bats, cats pumpkins etc. inside the area of these frames. The design need to be attached to the frame, because you will be cutting around them and you don’t want to cut them out!
- Use an X-acto knife to cut the paper out around your shapes. Use the chalk marks as your guide.
- Then cut pieces of vellum so that they can be taped to the inside part of each side of your lantern. Use your Darice double sided tape to secure the vellum on all the inside lantern frames.
- Now use the Darice double sided tape along all of the flaps and stick them together. Just light a small tea light, and you will have a beautiful and festive lantern!
Tags: Darice tape double sided
If you really want to make this Halloween a memorable one then don’t forget to make your house the creepiest one. Here are some items which will help you make your yard ready for this Halloween.
- Black and yellow light bulbs
- A zombie like dummy
- Black sketch pen
- Hanging decorations
- A plastic skeleton
- A wooden chair
- Fake cobwebs
- CDs with scary sounds
You can follow the following steps to create the spookiest Halloween yard of your block. These steps will help you set up a yard which will provide spooky fun to kids as well as their parents.
- Use black and yellow light bulbs to highlight the boundary of your yard and various other things set up in the backyard. These lights will together create a eerie effect. You can replace your regular bulbs with black bulbs.
- You can now make a human or zombie like dummy with the help of some old clothes. You can make a dummy using a pair of jeans, sweatshirts, gloves and a mask. These items will make your dummy look like a zombie. You can place this dummy on a chair in different positions.
- You can install fake cobwebs in different areas of your yard.
- Using a hanging Halloween decorationis a great idea. You can pick a hanging Pumpkin scarecrow from Costumes For Halloween and a hanging bag of rats with sound by Grandin Road.
- You can place a plastic skeleton right in the middle of the yard. This skeleton will really give the desired look to your yard. Along with this, you can use outdoor witch décorto make your yard spooky. You can purchase a standing witch with light up lantern or a jointed witch cutout from BuyCostumes.
- You can make fake gravestones from cardboards. Simply cut a cardboard in the shape of a gravestone and write a name on it using a black sketch pen.
- Play scary sounds using a CD. Such CDs are easily available online as well as in supermarkets. They add to the mood and give the final touch to your scary Halloween yard.
Let’s be creative this Halloween! Before you go shopping in all those fancy malls you can simply try to create a costume of your own this Halloween. You might already have all the things necessary for an army girl costume in those small drawers at home. The best thing about putting together your own costume is that you can reuse items you already have!
First look into your closet or drawers. Pull out some clothes that you think can be transformed into an army girl costume. If you don’t have the costume pieces, just visit the local party or second hand store to collect the essential components.
Here’s what you need:
- Army pants
- Black army boots
- Army cap or helmet
- Army shirt or tank top
- Army jacket
- Small army bag
- Black, green and brown face paint
- Toy gun
Here are some ideas of how you can utilize old stuff to create a new look:
- You can use a pair of your old pants. It doesn’t matter if they are torn from the knees or calf area as this is only going to give a rough and tough army look.
- You can go for trendy combat boots or black army boots to complete the look of your costume. A green pair of combat boots would be just perfect.
- If you already have an old cap or helmet, you can spray paint it in army shades like black, green and brown.
- A military green tank top serves the need if you don’t have an army shirt. You can experiment on this top with army colors.
- Wearing an army jacket is a good idea as it can save you from the cold weather. You can use paint on an old jacket to give it an army look.
- Give your costume a few finishing touches by carrying a small army bag, toy gun, and painting your face in army colors.
With all these things done, you are now ready to head off to the party as an army girl. Have a great party!
Interested in new craft ideas? Then this is the perfect place for you.
Craft Corners is like a little workshop with corners for stitching, handmade jewelry, recycled crafts and ideas for home & garden or your art and design projects.
We also like to help you prepare unique decoration for special events such as birthday, Halloween, wedding or other family celebrations. Anything made of fabric, wood, plastic, glass, metal can be turned into something amazing.
We happily welcome guest bloggers to write about their favorite crafts. We would be glad to publish your crafts here – Also we regularly publish “the Best of the Web” craft on our website – contact us!
Are you also trying to sell your crafts online? we can help you! We have been very successful in developing online Handmade and craft businesses, identifying the niche market and attracting visitors to your business through an unique SEO (search Engine Optimization) approach.
We are looking forward to your suggestions, comments and new craft ideas!
Tags: craft blog